Wednesday, January 2, 2008

By the end of this post I will be able to spell sciatica properly


The Sciatic nerve is a large nerve that resides in, and is a massive pain in the ass. That is, when the damn thing is acting up. Most of the time for most people, it's just another functional part of the nervous system.

But hell hath no fury like a sciatic nerve scorned (or inflamed).

See, I've got a bad back. It's a good month when part of it is not hurting. Usually, it's the upper back that kills me, but for the past month, I've been experiencing pain that would be most accurately explained as 'stabbing'.

Imagine that by some terrible and ill-planned decision, you've had a wire strung through your lower back to your upper thigh. Now, imagine that every time you bend, sneeze, try to get out of a chair, sit in one position for more then five minutes, or anything else that requires the full participation of your spine, the wire is electrified.

I am fortunate to have an excellent chiropractor, one that is not a quack/jerk/insane. She is also a very understanding chiropractor, making appointments for me on her days off, odd times of day and night, and other such favors.

Eight and a half hours until I see said chiropractor. 10am cant come soon enough.

No comments: